We are ICIMOD, a unique intergovernmental institution leading the global effort to protect the pulse ...
With a vast array of partners, we organize our work in what we call Regional ...
Successful interventions can change lives for the better. We hope that the stories of success ...
REDD+ safeguards are holistic procedures and approaches that do no harm people or the environment, and simultaneously enhance governance, and social and environmental integrity in the framework of the implemented activities.
1. Conducting gap analyses, and establishing a regional safeguards platform as a knowledge exchange forum for national partners.
2. Conducting workshops to sensitize partners at the national level to equip them with the skills to build awareness at the local level.
The regional platform aims at equipping policy makers and experts with the skills to design, implement and monitor programmes related to different social, economic, and environmental sectors by fostering the sharing of knowledge and experience.
1. Conducting regional workshops to bring together REDD+ practitioners to improve their understanding of national strategy and policy options in the development of a regional REDD+ framework.
2. Conducting lessons learnt meetings and trainings with partner countries to consolidate regional knowledge and common issues in order to facilitate policy development, and to ensure that best practices are replicated across borders.
1. Assisting countries in customizing REDD related approaches to suit national and sub nation circumstances.
2. Linking implementation initiatives in the HKH and guiding research frameworks to bring out best practices.
ICIMOD has established a regional database system (RDS) that acts as a central data base for different thematic areas in the HKH and provides easy access to information.
1. Generating data in the partner countries, and through intensive research.
2. Making data available through ICIMOD’s platforms.