Impact, outcomes, intermediary results and expected key outputs
The desired impact is: improved integrated river basin management, to reduce physical vulnerabilities and improve food and energy security for mountain and downstream communities (women and men) in the Hindu Kush Himalayan region while recognizing upstream interests.
The desired outcome is: actionable proposals for integrated water resource management practices and policies, including measures for risk management and for improved and equitable access, particularly for women and girls, to water for energy and food security, formulated, shared, and used by policy makers, the private sector and service agencies at the basin and community levels.
The following intermediary results of the RBP also serve the aims of SDIP II:
- Result 1: Evidenced-based knowledge used by service agencies and policy makers for diplomacy, policy advocacy and regional cooperation
- Result 2: Improved understanding of climate change, climate variability, and their impact on women, men, vulnerable groups, and the environment to support the development of adaptation related policy and practices
- Result 3: Adaptive capacity of women and men built for risks related to both environmental and socio-economic changes
Expected key outputs
The following key outputs serve the aims of SDIP II:
- Key Output 1: Regional science-policy-practitioner dialogues, evidence-based policy advocacy, improved communication, forums and networks strengthened for regional, national, and local cooperation
- Key Output 2: Cutting-edge integrated knowledge produced and solutions developed and made available on climate change and its impacts on water, energy, and food for communities (women and men), practitioners, and governments at community, national, and regional levels, both upstream and downstream
- Key Output 3: Gender sensitive and equitable innovations are promoted to enhance the adaptive capacities of communities to change on the ground benefiting the poor and vulnerable groups, particularly women and girls