- Conceptualization and Concept Note
- 2-3 Sep 2013: The Overall Framing Workshop, Nepal was organized to initiate the design of the assessment. The overall structure and process of this assessment was further concretized with feedbacks and inputs from the professionals of the workshop.
- Oct 2013: During the Arctic Circle Conference in Iceland, Oct 2013, a session on the “Himalayan Circle” was used as a platform to bring policy makers from the HKH countries on board with the idea of the assessment book. The HKH policy associated participants endorsed the assessment process following which ICIMOD has decided to step up the activities.
- Sep 2014: HIMAP first Steering Committee Meeting, ICIMOD (where the members helped draft the outline of the HKH Assessment Chapter structure)
- 15-16 Oct 2014: This First HIMAP workshop, ICIMOD, Nepal (Thematically focused on Food, Water and Energy Nexus)
- 4-6 Feb 2015: The Second HIMAP workshop, Thimpu, Bhutan (focused on Drivers of Change)