ICIMOD will coordinate the overall assessment process over the next year aiming to produce the publication by early 2017. The process will include:
- Framing of the assessment: An initial framing workshop and consultation with various experts defining the structure and process of the assessment;
- Drafting of chapters: The experience of other assessments, engaging a network of people with in depth knowledge of the region has drafted the chapters;
- Extensive review: The draft, the chapters and sections outline, will be modified/revised and shared with respective group of people for more suggestions and inputs before finalizing it;
- Active communication program: Steering committee to look into issues that have been discussed on the overall structure, chapters and timeline;
- Engagement with policy makers: The assessment will be linked to policy makers in the region through various processes through a policy reference group,
- Development of a summary document: A Summary for Decision Makers will be prepared based on the results of the process,
- Publication and Launch: The assessment book will be published in early 2017.