The Assessment will consider many critical questions which will be defined by chapter groups and working groups, including the following:
- How is the HKH a global asset?
- What are the risks of pursuing a status quo/inaction approach?
- What kinds of land use changes are taking place in the HKH?
- What are the different energy scenarios for the countries of the HKH and what are the implications on ecosystems, water availability, and air pollution?
- What do the following 4 scenarios look like in the HKH? (1) An eco or green scenario (2) an industrial or business scenario (3) A business as usual scenario; and (4) a sustainable development scenario
- How will climate change impact glacier cover in the region?
- What are the climate change adaptation strategies being employed?
- What can we learn from traditional communities and indigenous knowledge in terms of sustainable mountain development?