- Entries must be have been taken in the HKH region of any of the following countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India, Myanmar, Nepal, and Pakistan (see map).
- Entries must be digital black and white or colour images, submitted in a .jpeg, or .jpg format, between 3 and 10 MB in size (300 dpi). Colour images changed to black and white as well as scanned (digitized) images of non-digital photographs, negatives, or transparencies are also acceptable.
- Minimal cropping is permitted. Minor adjustments, including dodging and burning, sharpening, contrast and slight colour adjustments, are acceptable as long as the integrity of the original photo is not compromised.
- Entries should be the work of the entrant, and he/she must own the copyrights. Entries that violate or infringe upon another person's rights, including but not limited to copyrights, are not eligible.
- By participating in the photo contest, the entrant grants ICIMOD and its media partners a non-exclusive right to display, distribute, reproduce, and create derivative works of the entries and texts, in whole or in part, in any media currently existing or subsequently developed, for any educational, promotional, publicity, exhibition, archival, scholarly, or all other standard purposes of ICIMOD. Due credit will be given to the entrant each time his/her photo is used, wherever feasible. ICIMOD will provide a digital or print copy to the entrant (upon request) of any publication that includes his/her image(s).
- It is also strongly recommended that the photographer seek prior permission from the subjects in the photo to use their photo.
- Entrants may be requested to send in original image files of their entries.
- Photos that were submitted to ICIMOD-organized photo contests in the past; photos that have been awarded or given honourable mentions in any photo contest, either online or in print; and photos that have already been used in print or online publications are not eligible. However, you may submit photos that you have used in your personal or social spaces such as blogs, Facebook, and Flickr.
- Photos with watermarks or date/time are not permissible. Photos that have been digitally manipulated, compromising the integrity of the originals, are not eligible. High dynamic range images (HDR) and composite images are not acceptable. Minimal cropping, however, is permitted.
- Photos that are culturally insensitive or portray subjects, especially children or minors, in the nude or in compromising situations are not acceptable.
- ICIMOD staff are not eligible to participate in the contest.
ICIMOD reserves the right to disqualify any entrant whose entry or conduct appears in any way to tamper with the spirit of the digital photo contest; violate the above terms and conditions and exclusionary provisions; or infringe on the rights of third parties. Decisions of ICIMOD are final.
How to Enter the Photo Contest
Each entrant may submit up to three entries per thematic category by properly filling in the image submission form.
Deadline for Submission
1 August 2019
For any inquiry or clarification
Write to email@example.com